Buy to Let Insurance for Landlords & Investors

Buy to let insurance

Specialist buy to let insurance for landlords.

Investment Property Partners is a leading independent property investment specialist advising clients throughout the UK and internationally. In addition to our property investment services we offer a range of complimentary property finance, commercial and buy to let insurance, and property support solutions.

Buy to Let Insurance

Letting a residential property means that you have to take on additional responsibility for both the property itself, as well as the people in it… namely your tenants. That is why it is essential that you have suitable landlords insurance or buy to let insurance cover in place.

Buy to let insurance is a specialist form of property insurance that will protect you and your buy to let property investment against a range of events and should be considered essential for any serious buy to let investor.

Interested in Buy to Let Insurance?

If you’d like to learn more about our buy to let insurance, finance and property investment capabilities and how we can help you, if you’d like to receive information about investment properties for sale, including the latest new developments and off-market investment opportunities, or if you’d like to discuss your requirements in more detail please contact us today:

Specialist Insurance for Landlords

For those property investors who may try to avoid buying this type of cover, they should be warned that insurance of this kind is essential to ensure that an investment and buy to let property portfolio are protected for the future – and from tenants who may claim against them.

Generally, the associated risks that go with buy to let property investments are substantial and far outweigh those experienced by commercial property investors – hence the reason why many obtain the most comprehensive insurance cover they can find.

If you think that general household insurance will cover you there may well be a surprise in store.

Specialist buy to let insurance policies differ massively from typical home insurance plans with which most people are familiar.

The buy to let insurance policy is created specifically with tenants and rented property in mind.

It will provide ample coverage for scenarios that would not be an issue in a normal home environment.

Things such as landlords’ contents and liability cover will be found in the policy and will protect property owners and landlords should anything happen to a tenant whilst in the property.

Tenants Contents Insurance

A common question often asked by buy to let investors is…

“Will my buy to let insurance cover my tenants’ contents?”

The resounding answer to this is no.

A property investor’s buy to let insurance policy will only cover for things directly related to them and must be owned specifically by the person taking out the policy.

Tenants will need to be told to get their own contents insurance to cover any personal possessions as it won’t be covered by the landlords insurance.

Specialist Buy to Let Insurance Solutions

As a leading independent property investment specialists Investment Property Partners offer expert advice and support to clients across our specialist areas of expertise helping them to achieve their investment objectives.

If you are a landlord or property owner looking for specialist buy to let insurance solutions please contact us today to discuss how Investment Property Partners can help you.

You may also be interested in…

Contractors method of valuation
Property development finance guide
Residual method of valuation
Property yield, calculating yields and return on investment
Commercial property valuation using the profits method
Capital gains tax property disposals
Selling property using an estate agent
Property valuations and valuation surveyors

Further reading…

More information about buy to let property for property investors here… protecting your property →